While buying your mom flowers and taking her out for brunch may be much appreciated, beat the Orange County crowds and treat your mom to a day filled with excitement. There’s plenty to do in your area, and one of the ideas below is sure to make your mom feel extra-special this Mother’s Day.
- Treat Mom to a night of pampering at The OC Mix at SOCO on May 8. The event runs from 5 to 9 p.m. and features a complimentary champagne toast before the moms are ushered on to their night of luxury. Moms will receive a drink ticket, gift bag, and a raffle ticket for every $20 spent. Pampering comes courtesy of Hälth Spa, and jazz will be played throughout the night. RSVP here.
- Take her somewhere she’s never been on a scenic day trip. Orange County is filled with countless beautiful cities and places to visit. Head to a beach town she’s never been to before, walk for miles at Crystal Cove, explore Old Town Orange, or take a cruise down Route 74.
- Learn something new with your mom. If you’re exploring a beach town, why not stop for a surfing, kayaking, or paddle-boarding lesson? These activities are fun for the whole family and sure to give you and your mom lots of laughs.
- Experience a bit of Old World charm while taking in the scenic sights around Orange County from a whole new view–right from the seat of a gondola. Read more about local Orange County gondola rides here.
- Sample some favorites or try something new during a wine tour. You don’t have to venture all the way to Riverside County to go on a wine tour. In fact, many are available right here in Orange County. Orange County Winery Tours offers micro-winery tours with all inclusive packages. All tours are private with luxury transportation. Learn more about Orange County Winery Tours here.
- If your mom loves adventure and isn’t afraid of heights, a helicopter tour could be the perfect Mother’s Day surprise. See the gorgeous coastline of Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Surf City, and other Orange County beaches. Tours with A Helicopter Tour typically last from 15 to 25 minutes. Learn more by visiting their website.
- Few things say relaxation quite like mimosas and a spa day. If your mom is a hardworking woman who needs a break, perhaps a day of relaxation is perfect for her. The Spa at Laguna Cliffs offers a full menu of facials, massages, and body treatments to fully relax and renew. On May 11 from 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., the spa will also be hosting complimentary makeovers for mothers. For more information, visit the spa’s website.
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.