Welcome to The Agent Edge: Episode #23!
In this podcast episode, we are joined by Kerry Mormann, an agent working out of our Montecito office.
Kerry began his real estate career on the residential side, but after selling his first ranch to a friend, he was hooked on selling land and ranches. With his background in land as the director of the Santa Barbara land trust, Kerry understands the business more than most and feels a deep connection to what he does because he is a conservationist.
In this show, you’ll learn about Kerry’s most recent ranch sale on the Gaviota Coast in which he double sided the $70 million deal.
You’ll also learn:
- About conservation easements, developing rights of ranches, and property taxes.
- How Kerry got his start in the real estate business and how he ended up selling ranches.
- What the different types of land trusts and their importance.
- How a typical transaction happens for Kerry and why he finds selling ranches more challenging than selling residential.
- What is involved in showing a ranch and how it is different from showing a home.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thank you for joining us for another episode of The Agent Edge! We’d love to hear your feedback about this podcast. Leave us a note in the comment section below or leave a review on your favorite podcast player.
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to the show on your favorite streaming app and follow The Agent Edge on Facebook and Instagram.
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.