When you think Southern California, Huntington Beach encompasses the authentic surf lifestyle associated with the laid-back California dream. The year-round sunshine and miles of uninterrupted coast make this beachside community the perfect setting for an active, outdoor life. While there are many reasons to love Huntington Beach, these are our top five.
- The Beach – OK, this is a pretty obvious No. 1, but Huntington Beach wouldn’t be the same city without it. No matter what kind of outdoor activities you love, the beach is the perfect backdrop. Come here to walk, run, surf, play volleyball, skateboard or just sunbathe –- the beach is your oasis here. It also makes the perfect get-together setting (think bonfires at sundown).
- SoCal Film Fest – In 2014, the SoCal Film Fest celebrated 10 years of independent filmmaking. If you haven’t been to this event, put it on your calendar for next year. It is a must-attend for film lovers and features a variety of award-winning movies and screenplays.
- Main Street – The shops and restaurants at Main Street bring the whole community together. It’s one of the best places in the city to wander, people-watch and shop. Although also a tourist destination, the ambiance here is different than other cities and towns. It functions as the center and heart of Huntington Beach and perfectly embodies all this city has to offer.
- Milkshakes at Ruby’s Diner – Voted the best diner by the OC Register, Ruby’s is delicious and a great place to stop for guests of all ages. Get a milkshake — you won’t regret it — but careful, they’re addicting.
- Pet-Friendly – Huntington Beach is a former winner of Dog Fancy magazine’s “Dogtown USA” honor. It’s a canine-loving community with all man’s best friend could ever dream of. Many restaurants allow your pooch to tag along on your dinner date. Huntington Central Park features a large, enclosed dog park divided into sections for big and small dogs.
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.