What goes better with winter than the warmth and aroma of a cup of coffee?
- Kean Coffee – This shop is best known for its beans. It features fine organic and fair-trade specialty coffee from around the world. All coffee is roasted in-house at its peak of freshness. Locations: Tustin and Newport Beach
- Alta Coffee & Restaurant – A quaint and cozy coffee shop in what used to be a bookstore. Alta offers fresh coffee and a variety of munchies. Location: Newport Beach
- The Night Owl – This shop offers a bohemian coffee experience and features a variety of events. Visit their Facebook page for the most current events schedule. If you’re a writer, be sure to stop in for the open-mic poetry night. Location: Fullerton
- Portola Coffee Lab – Coffee is serious business at this shop and the Portola way doesn’t start and finish with finding the right bean. Roasting and brewing are treated as equals and Portola knows the perfect cup of joe requires the perfect brewing technique. Locations: Costa Mesa, Tustin, Orange, Santa Ana
- McClain’s Coffeehouse– Located in an old architectural home, McClain’s offers an inviting and warm atmosphere. The food menu features a variety of breakfast items, sandwiches, salads and baked goods. Location: Fullerton
- C. Beans – Marketed as a “coffee lover’s paradise,” J.C. Beans is one of the few remaining independent coffee retailers. Grab a used book from the library and cozy up. Location: Dana Point
- Aosa Coffee – The goal of this shop is to build community. If they can do it in an eco-friendly and healthy way, that’s a win-win. Aosa serves Stumptown Coffee Roasters and gives you that hometown traditional café feeling as you enter. Location: Huntington Beach
- Monkey Business Cafe – If you’re a patron who loves to give back to your community, you’ll find like-minded individuals at this shop. Monkey Business Cafe is part of a workforce-development program that gives teenagers and young adults an opportunity to be employed in a business learning environment. The shop functions as a nonprofit and serves organic free-trade coffee. Location: Fullerton
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.