Brunch is one of those words you can’t say angry. Even thinking about it makes the mouth water, as pleasant notions of heaps of hearty food, good friends, and tasty beverages float through the imagination.
Picking the “best brunch” in Orange County might seem an impossible task, considering the wide variety of tastes and flavors available throughout the region, but there are a few eateries that truly stand out.
Give your taste buds a treat and discover for yourself if any of the following restaurants and cafes live up to their reputations:
- Ramos House Cafe: The swallows aren’t the only things that return to San Juan Capistrano every year. People who enjoy the weekend brunch at Ramos House have discovered that the sumptuous fare is well worth the trek from just about anywhere in the world. Set in the heart of Los Rios Historical District, Ramos House offers brunch Saturday and Sunday every weekend in one of the oldest structures still standing in Orange County. But the modern menu featuring crab hash, bacon scramble, and a unique Bloody Mary that comes with a Scotch egg and a lobster claw truly completes the entire eating experience.
- 31752 Los Rios St., San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675, website, 949. 443.1342
- The St. Regis Monarch Beach: Few brunches can combine delectable delicacies with spectacular scenery like The Motif at The St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort. Every Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., this posh dining experience features fresh seafood, unlimited Champagne, and made-to-order omelets, all overlooking some of the most breathtaking views in Orange County. Enjoy a high-class buffet that’s as renowned for its waffle station as it is sought after for the signature Bloody Mary Bar. After your meal, the seaside is but a stone’s throw away, and what better way to settle yourself than by a casual stroll in the brisk sea air?
- 1 Monarch Beach Resort N., Dana Point, CA 92629, website, (949).234.3200
- Scott’s Restaurant & Bar: With a brand-new brunch menu, Scott’s has made a name for itself for featuring high-quality food prepared with only the best ingredients from local organic farmers and sustainable fisheries. Every Sunday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m., you can enjoy an al-a-carte brunch that features a wide variety of options, including a salmon BLT, Nutella brioche French toast, and, of course, endless mimosas. An upscale dining experience at an affordable price, Scott’s is the place to be if you find yourself looking for brunch in Orange County and want to explore what fresh really tastes like.
- 3300 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, CA 92626, website, (714) 979-2400
- Bayside: What Orange County brunch experience would be complete without a stunning view of Newport Harbor, complemented by the finest pieces of modern art? Combine the exotic atmosphere with a menu that features bottomless mimosas with a two-course brunch and you get brunch at Bayside. Each Sunday between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., you can dine on traditional fare including California frittatas and griddle crab cake Florentine, to heartier creations such as venison loin and blackened swordfish. You always have the option to upgrade your champagne or juice selection to truly make your Bayside dining experience a culinary adventure like few others.
- 900 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660, website, 949)721-1222
- Matador Cantina: If you crave some south-of-the-border flair in your brunch, there are few places that will fit that bill better than Matador Cantina in historic downtown Fullerton. As awesomely affordable as it is spectacularly scrumptious, every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. you can feast on traditional brunch standards with a Mexican twist. Pick from the chorizo Benedicto or the three-egg Matador omelet, but if you really want the true brunch experience, you can build your own breakfast burrito from a selection of meats, veggies, and sauces. And again, bottomless mimosas perfectly round out any meal.
- 111 N. Harbor Blvd. Fullerton, CA 92832, website,871.TACO (8226)
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.