Each year, Mother’s Day comes and goes, but do you remember how you celebrated? Make this Mother’s Day one to remember by going beyond the standard events. Instead of a simple brunch at Mom’s favorite restaurant, why not try something new and exciting? We’ve compiled a list of things you can do with your mom this Mother’s Day to make it one you’ll both remember. Reservations on some of these events fill up fast, so don’t forget to make your plans ASAP!
- If you’re in or near Santa Barbara, you know Mother’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a little bit of wine tasting. Instead of stopping at your favorite vineyard, try out a new, unique wine-tasting experience. For example, combine cupcakes and wine during a Santa Ynez Valley wine tour, mix in a bit of education during a sparkling wine and cheese class, or pedal your way on a local tour of wine country with this fitness-friendly wine experience. Santa Barbara has no shortage of wine tours and there’s bound to be one that fits your mom’s one-of-a-kind personality.
- Whether you’re an active or more laidback family, Catalina Island is a day trip that will please almost anyone. Pack up your whole crew and head to Catalina for a little exploring. There’s so much to eat, see, and do that you may want to stay longer than a day. For upcoming events and more information, visit catalinachamber.com.
- Santa Barbara is filled with miles of gorgeous coastline views. Take a road trip with Mom to one of her favorite cities or somewhere she’s never been. Head up Pacific Coast Highway and stop in picturesque Morro Bay for an afternoon of birdwatching, surfing, fishing, or kayaking.
- Pamper your mom with a day at the spa. Spas throughout the area may have specials, but look for one like Bacara Resort and Spa with activities specifically designed for Mother’s Day. At Bacara, Chef David Reardon will feature a champagne brunch. To make the day extra-special, there also will be a kid’s kitchen where young ones can go to help prepare pancakes for their moms.
- If your mom is the elegant sort, why not treat her to a luxurious limo ride? Sammy’s Limousines will pick your mom up and take her out for a day on the town of your choice. Learn more about how they can help you create the perfect Mother’s Day at sammyslimos.com/limo-santa-barbara.html.
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.