Diane Cannon of our Laguna Beach office is one of the top-producing agents in our company’s vast national network of residential real estate professionals. For 28 years, Diane has lived and worked in the highly competitive Laguna Beach market. She is highly regarded by her peers, and has represented multiple generations of clients in the sale and purchase of premier properties.
With the busy spring and summer seasons upon us, we asked Diane to share her thoughts on how clients should go about selecting an agent who will fulfill their needs and goals. Below is her list of questions to always ask the agents you interview before putting your home on the market:
- What percentage of your clients are buyers vs. sellers?
- How many sellers did you represent in the past two years?
- How long have you held your real estate license?
- Can you provide me with a list of the properties you represented for sellers only?
- How many homes did you close in the last 12 to 24 months?
- What should I do to get my home ready for showings?
- If my property is vacant, should I stage it?
- Will I be working with you directly or will there by assistants or other team members I will work with?
- Have you received any awards or recognition as a REALTOR®?
- How often are you out of town on weekends or take vacations?
- Can you provide me with at least three names and contact information of sellers you helped?
- What marketing techniques, skills, or other resources will you deploy to sell my home?
- Do you have a website, and how much do you spend monthly on print ads and Internet marking?
- What do you think is the most likely sales prices of this home?
- How long do you think you will need to sell this property?
- What is the best time of year to put my home on the market?
- If you are interviewing new agent after a listing expired: Why do you think that my previous listing broker could not sell my home?
- What is the commission you charge when listing my home?
For more pointers on selecting an agent, read “Questions to Ask When choosing Your Real Estate Agent.”
Like what you see here? Sign up for more! Our free e-newsletter informs you of listings in your community, insider real estate tips, the latest in home trends, and more.